Why McConnell Chase S&OP?
- To support proactive balancing of aggregate demand and supply
- To support proactive, integrated, management decision-making according the Best Practices in S&OP
- To handle a wide range of data integration needs that successful S&OP demands
- To improve effectiveness and maturity of a company’s S&OP process
- To integrate operations with company strategy
- To leverage improved forecast accuracy across all departments
- To have a complete S&OP database and toolkit
FD7 S&OP supports the philosophy and best practices of executive sales and operations planning. Fully integrated with other FD7 modules, FD7 S&OP provides business management personnel advanced S&OP formats and capabilities for pro-active team re-balancing of the company's monthly production, capacity, operational and financial plans in alignment with changing business conditions.
Having the right supply rates, capacities, marketing, product introductions, financial plans and strategy in the right place at the right time means:
- More revenue
- Less fixed and overhead cost
- Greater Profits
- Less risk and uncertainty
- Increased teamwork
- More management time spent on opportunities for growth
- Less management time spent on firefighting and expediting
Since forecasting and planning drives budgeting and control with respect to everything – product development, marketing, selling, production levels, production resources, inventory, distribution, human resources, and financial planning – benefits due to being better aligned with demand and strategy extend to all these areas of the business in terms of teamwork, productivity and efficiency.
FD7 S&OP Feature Set
- Best practices S&OP formats
- Aggregate Capacity Planning (Rough-Cut)
- Key performance indicator integration and tracking
- Financial integration
- Event, assessment, and assumption management
- What-if analysis / Event-based scenario analysis
- Process management
- Top-down and bottom-up production and inventory planning
- Integration with FD7 DP and FD7 IO&P
- Volume / Revenue / Cost/Margin financial conversions
- Supply Chain S&OP
- Current changes analysis
- Performance-to-plan analysis
- New product introductions and new product planning integration
- Strategic initiative integration
For all producers as well as consumers of forecasts and plans, FD7 provides powerful user-interfaces, spreadsheets, graphical charts, reports, pivot tables, drill-down capabilities and analytics that allow people from every department to aggregate, slice and dice, evaluate, and participate in the forecasting and business planning process according to the units and levels of detail in which they think, plan and work.
For operational consumers of forecasts and plans, FD7 offsets and converts volume forecasts and plans to production and capacity units such as hours, minutes, feet, cubic feet, weight, pallets, packages, etc. for labor planning, line scheduling, capital projects, manufacturing equipment utilization, plant utilization, warehouse utilization, transportation planning, packaging, purchasing (negotiations and planning), etc.